We have moved! Our new address is 108 N. Ballston Ave Scotia NY 12302!
Tips To Handle Melting Snow and Ice
Photo Courtesy of The Times Union News Paper
From: Kemper Insurance (www.eKemper.com)
February 10, 2011
In light of the excessive snow and ice that has shut down multiple states, here are answers to two of the most frequently asked questions now that the thaw is upon us.
If your insurance carries a water backup endorsement, coverage is triggered when water backs up through the sump pump or floor drain. Groundwater coming through walls and windows is generally not covered unless it escapes directly from a pipe without communication to ground.
Here are some tips you can share with your clients in advance of the melting snow, to help them avoid possible water intrusion.
1. Make certain to rake your roof, even if you can only rake the first four or five feet from the gutter.
2. Be careful when approaching roof overhangs with icicles; they can drop at any time.
3. Make certain that the sump discharge pipe outside your home is not blocked by ice or snow.
4. Shovel snow away from the perimeter of your home as that will reduce the amount of water entering the ground next to your home's foundation while the snow melts.
5. If possible, have a back-up power source for your sump pump.
6. Check to make sure your power service lines are clear of ice and snow as these can detach from the home and leave you without electricity increasing the risk of frozen pipes and backup of your sump system.
Contact Scautub Insurance (518-346-3427) today to find out what you can do to ensure the protection of your home.
(c) Kemper. All rights reserved.
- Cheated By China. Check Your Insurance. - China Law Blog (blog)
- Health insurance deadline approaching - Fox11online.com
- Insurance company won't pay up - Philly.com
- Covington church helps homeless sign up for insurance - Cincinnati.com
- RNC Building List Of Voters Who Lost Insurance Due To ObamaCare - Fox News (blog)
- Insurance agent classes offered at McNeese - Modesto Bee
- Insurance costs draw attention of State Corporation Commission - Roanoke Times
- Proposal mandating insurance coverage of autism taking shape in Kansas. - Kansas City Star
- Penfield insurance agency celebrates 30 years - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- More Regulations Afoot for New York's Title Insurance Industry - Wall Street Journal
- Navigators hit final stretch of insurance enrollments - STLtoday.com
- Insurance costs draw attention of Virginia agency on aging - Roanoke Times
Connect on Facebook
Cheated By China. Check Your Insurance. - China Law Blog (blog) Cheated By China. Check Your Insurance. China Law Blog (blog) And...
Health insurance deadline approaching - Fox11online.com Health insurance deadline approaching Fox11online.com APPLETON...